[access-uk] Re: description of the scrabble board

  • From: "Janet Bell" <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 16:35:58 +0100

go to www.whitestick.co.uk and games to play off line

hope that is of some use

-----Original Message----- From: Eleanor Martha Burke
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:44 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: description of the scrabble board

can we have a link to it.

On 12 Sep 2015, at 14:35, Janet Bell <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ASI have just told you try spoonbill software the scrabble is accessible and it works.

-----Original Message----- From: Les Smithson
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 1:18 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, but is there a workable version of the board game? It seems
there's plenty of discussion about what doesn't work, but can anyone
recommend one that is usable?

Janet Bell writes:
Hi you can get a scrabble game for your computer from Spoonbill software.

-----Original Message----- From: Les Smithson
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 12:45 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi: I used to play a lot of Scrabble with my family when I was
sighted. Now that I'm fully blind can anyone recommend a workable
Scrabble game that I could play with my sighted family?

Eleanor Martha Burke writes:
> The playing board consists of 15 x 15 squares in the playing area. > there
> are pegs at the corners of each square to help locate the tiles in > their
> proper position.
>
> on some squares there are labels with tactile dots and bars. these mark
> the premium letter squares and premium word squares. to ensure that the
> board is correctly orientated, turn it so that the markings on the > > premium
> squares run horizontally at the bottom of the labels, nearest you. The
> board is then facing you correctly, and can be rotated as each player
> takes their turn.
>
> Eleanor

Les Smithson

Les Smithson