[access-uk] Re: dab signals

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carol.pearson29" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:22:12 +0100

Yes, I'd go along with the Echo suggestion, Adrian, and I just may havef one to sell shortly.

Carol P

On 10/23/2017 9:28 AM, David Griffith wrote:

I sympathise but if your landlord is being difficult I think your only option is either to claim that that the lack of adjustment is unreasonable given your visual impairment and higher than usual use of radio frequencies but more easily perhaps use internet radio whilst in your flat and retain your portable DAB and FM devices for outdoor use.

Using a Internet service you can use a variety of devices. My own recommendation is that you consider the Victor Reader Stream as a portable personal radio replacement, alongside possibly using an iPhone or Andoroid phone, and for ease of use the Echo Devices are a very easy way to get Internet Radio for non personal/portable listening .

The Wireless for the Blind Internet radio which name eludes me at the moment – Sonatra? Is also enjoyed by my sister.

There are other solutions including playing radio through various Freeview and Internet Boxes like Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick on your TV so there aare lots of options via internet really.

I would in your situation also invest in not the slowest internet broadband but a higher speed service.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog