[access-uk] Re: creative Soundblaster

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:54:24 +0100

Hi again Audrey.

Thanks very much for all the information concerning the setting up of the Soundblaster card. As I mentioned, I'm going into PC World tomorrow to buy it. I'm hoping to install it over the weekend. I'll also pick up a pair of speakers while I'm there. So perhaps if you would be so kind, I'll probably get back to you with lots of questions during installation, possibly on Saturday afternoon.

Am I right in thinking that the external sound card has the usual Line-in, Line-out and microphone socket and also an optical socket which is either in or out, depending how you set it up, and that my existing speakers remain plugged into my existing sound card for jaws?

If this is the case, then I'll have two pairs of speakers beside my display: One for jaws and one for my audio output, and an optical cable attached as optical in, for recording anything that I play on the DVD recorder. Also, if I wish, I can change the optical Line-in setting to Line-out and plug the optical cable into my AV unit to listen to any audio that I have on my computer.

I think I've got it now and if all that I've said above is correct, this will be magic.

Speak over the weekend.

Thanks again.

Best wishes.
Andy