[access-uk] Re: creating a mailbox

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:23:04 -0000

Hi Andy,

On Freeserve, the process is slightly different.

You have a master mailbox, which is anything@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This mailbox is accessed through the POP3 mailbox in Outlook or Outlook
Express.

If you go into the settings of this mailbox, you can see that the POP3
user name is set to logue3883.freeserve.co.uk.  However, if you add a
name before this, such as Pauline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, then when
the system picks up mail, it will only pick up mail for Pauline, because
the server won't give her anything else.  This then means you have to
change your user name in the POP3 settings to
andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, otherwise you will still pick up all
mail, even for Pauline.

There is no need to create separate identities if you are both using
different machines.

Hope this helps,
Andrew.