[access-uk] Re: crackling phone line

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:32:17 +0100 (CET)

John, a couple of thoughts for what they're worth.

Have you got filters plugged into your phone sockets? Are they firmly attached.

Secondly, is it possible you have too many devices hooked up in your phone
system? Until recently, I had a rather awkward 3-way phone setup, but decided I
could manage without extension number 3, and removing it seems to have improved
the phone quality a good bit. No doubt it's all to do with REN numbers and the
total capacity of your system.

Vince.

Message Received: Nov 22 2013, 06:43 PM
From: "John Gallagher"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] crackling phone line

Hi all
wonder if anyone has any ideas with this one.

We are in the process of moving over to plusnet for our phone.
we use plusnet for the net of course.
I have noticed when making phone calls sometimes the line if fine and
other times the line is crackling really bad for the person I am ringing.
I have taken out all the phones and the internet and put things back
one by one.

the difficulty is when ringing bt it takes ages and truly ages to get
an actual human being to get open reach to come out.
if I go online to do it after about three million texts I get fed up.
I know open reach have been complained about on watch dog but if
there is a solution that would be great.

when we moved in hear ninteen months back we had to get our local mp
to get open reach to put us a phone line in and come out

We should be with plusnet next Wednesday and then I can get them to
get open reach to come out.

I know this is a shot in the dark but some one may have had the same
thing happen.