[access-uk] computer support help form BT

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 13:13:39 +0100

I have just had this  email from BT

Has anyone actually  used the BT  I.T  supoort.
The problem is though they won't  have a clue about
screen  readers.

BT  sales  advert says

"Is your computer running slowly? Let BT Home IT Support help.

Are you in the dark? Then let us show you the light with Home IT Call

Let BT Home IT Call show you the light

Are you mystified by computer problems? Not sure why your programmes are
running slower than they used to? Baffled by your wireless connection? Don?t
worry, just pick up the phone and let us show you the light. No matter what
the problem, BT Home IT Call is all you need

1. We can also help you with things like:

-  Connecting your computer, camera or printer;

  Help you keep safe online and protect your computer from    viruses and
spyware;

-  How you can make the most from your computer    programmes.

Our experts are only ever one phone call away. They can guide you through
the steps or make changes remotely while you watch - you?ll never be left in
the
dark again.
BT Home IT Call is a UK based service with a dedicated call centre. We have
more than 40,000 customers who get support over the phone, 365 days a year
and a 95% satisfaction rate from our callers
 - so what are you waiting for sign up today!

Don?t miss out on the special offer - get Home IT Call 12 month subscription
at just £6.99 a month for the first 4 months
 (£8.99 a month thereafter) there has never been a better time to get peace
of mind. Take advantage of this amazing offer and get a 45 minute computer
health check at no extra cost!