[access-uk] computer security was:careful regarding a phone call i just received

  • From: Gordon Keen <gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 10:48:36 +0000

        Hi

I am totally confident in the general security of  apple computers, however as
a small possibility exists for a virus which affects windows systems to be
passed on via an unaffected mac to a windows user I made sure that I installed
an anti virus application and on the first deep scan was surprised to find that
I had one infected file.   virus barrier offered to repair the file and made it
safe for me.
If you want to be a responsible computer user, no matter what system you use,
you should take all reasonable steps to make sure your machine is not a vector
for malware.

Regards

From glorious Devon, England.