[access-uk] Re: comments please on Laptop spec

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:19:15 -0000

I'd just err on caution here, Steve.  Microsoft did
something similar when I was on the Vista beta cycle, but
failed to say that when the actual release came out, you
could not install over the top of the Release Candidate.

Many of us were mighty hacked off when we found that out.

Microsoft may well have learned their lesson, but personally
I'm taking no chances until I hear them say it's an RTM
Version (Released To Manufacturing).

I spent quite a while on the Microsoft web site last night,
as I was SURE I'd read that SP3 would appear as a the
Windows Updates Option in March, but I seem to have drawn a
blank.

George.