[access-uk] Re: cleaning up unwanted files on my laptop

  • From: "MARK BISHOP" <franciscan.me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 14:08:12 +0100

From: George Bell
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:02 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: cleaning up unwanted files on my laptop

One of the things you could use is “Disk Cleanup”.

I’ve no idea about Windows “crate”, but in 7 it is in Computer, right click on
the disk drive you wish to tidy up, then Properties, and it is on the General
tab.

You can also go to the Tools tab and use Defrag.  This tidy’s up the files on
your drive which may not all be in a contiguous area of the drive, and help to
speed things up when opening files, especially large ones.

I can’t imagine these features have been removed in this version of Windows.
(Which even Bill Gates hates!)

George.