[access-uk] Re: change over to plusnet mobilea

  • From: Amro Bilal <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 18:41:00 +0100

Hi John and all,

If one is on a CIM only contract and they bought their handset outright and unbranded, I believe then the network provider would not have the legal right
nor the means to lock their phone. I have four CIM only contracts with Vodafone for my wife, children and myself, and when we go abroad we all swop CIM
cards with no issues. I bought the handsets directly from Apple and they range from iPhone 7 to iPhone X, though I do not think the make and model of the
handset makes the slightest difference.

I am not sure what the score with your handset exactly is, but if Vodafone has somehow locked it despite that you have bought it unbranded, I would certainly
have a very strong word with them. However, could you had possibly bought your handset from Vodafone on a contract and then you switched to a CIM only
contract?

Best
Amro
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq