[access-uk] Re: cd burning

  • From: "Sean Randall" <seanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 14:08:43 -0000

Husna,

You can indeed copy the files over, though they won't actually go onto the
disc  until in the file menu of windows explorer you choose "write these
files to CD". When you paste them in, they're stored in a temporary place on
your hard drive, waiting to be written.

As for playing them back, it depends on what you play them on.  If I put a
cd with more than one folder into my old victor classic, it plays the
folders in sequence (so I get the first folder, files 1 2 3 etc, then the
second folder, and so on).  The order you want, as it were. Some hardware
(our philips hifi system for example) plays all the files in numeric order,
so you get track 1 of folder 1, then the first one of folder 2, and so on.
All's not lost if you have hardware that does this.  There's a program
called MP3tag you can download and install.  With it, you can select a bunch
of folders with mp3's in them, and renumber and rename them all (so in
folder one you have tracks 1 to 6, then  in folder 2, tracks 7 to 12, etc).
This may not be necessary for you, but is a relatively straightforward
option if you do need it.

I hope this helps.

Sean.