[access-uk] Re: captain

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:53:58 +0100

Hi Catherine

Kapten (please note spelling),  is a GPS system sold by Cobolt Systems.  It
was primarily designed for motor-cyclists, but because of its speech
recognition and no display, it was felt there would be a market for it in
the visual impairment community.  Alas, it isn't as good as it's cracked up
to be though, but that's only my opinion, others may like it.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability

jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx