[access-uk] Re: buffering problem with Win 98

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:26:43 +0100

Hi Allen, here are the steps:
To check your hard disk for errors:
1. Highlight my computer and open it.
2. Right-Click the drive you wish to scan, then scroll to properties. Or press alt+enter on the selected drive.
3. Press CTRL+Tab to open the tools page, then make sure that the check now button is in focus. Press enter, and scan disk will come up. Now press the start button to start the check.
To defragment your hard drive:
1. Do the same steps as above, except the following:
2. Ensure that defragment now is in focus, and activate it.
3. Disk defragmenter will now do its work. At the end, you'll be asked if you want to quit defragmenter. Activate the yes button.
Hope that helps, and good luck.

alan pollard wrote:

Hello Chris,thanks for  your suggestions re my  audio  buffer
problem on my Win 98 machine..also
thanks  to all the other
members for their interest and comments. yes  I have  attempted  to run scan
disk ,plus defrag
  although some time ago.with very little success,I would be very
appreciative  if you  would  send me the instructions  so I can do the job
properley .,I  also use:JFW .Thank you  in advance!.
Alan.