[access-uk] Re: braille sense replacement

  • From: Rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 13:44:28 +0100

Hello Jackie,
ALTHOUGH, again, you're too right. If I'll buy a braille device again, it will
be a note taker, not a display.

From: Ian Macrae <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
ian.macrae1 for DMARC)
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 8:59 am

As Mike Townsend pointed out in another context on last night's In Touch,
all of these machines are way behind the curve in terms of the mainstream
software they run, so much so that many modern websites are simply not
usable to them. Even the new Euro Braille model which Steve Nutt is about
to stock is only running windows 7. While i agree with those who've said
that the HIMS products are probably currently the best, the person who
sold me my U2 Mini actually said that he couldn't envisage any serious
web user ever using one of these machines because the browser is just not
up to it and the process is incredibly slow.
On 12 Oct 2015, at 12:07, jeff <jeffflint15@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My Braille-Sense 18 is pretty hammered.
Can anybody tell me if there is a better unit out there?
I need it to do the same kind of stuff but better web access and being
able to use the BBC web site more fully would be nice.
Also being able to click on a LINK in an email and going directly to the
web site would also be wonderful.
Most of the time even if I can open the email in the web browser it just
freezes.
Cheers
Jeff
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx“subject=unsubscribe]