[access-uk] Re: braille or tactile watches

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:14:35 +0000

Yes, that method worked all the time. It was great to make a noise when we were
supposed to be going out of a lesson!

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using MBraille

On 13 Nov 2013, at 04:42 pm, "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Eleanor

The knack of closing the watch without being seen or heard was to put your
hands under the desk, and put your thumb right up against the catch so the
lid virtually nipped it as it shut.  I would still use that method of
closing the watch quietly if I needed to, it worked for me every time!

As for straps, I agree that the width makes it hard to find something in the
jewellers, hence my reason for wishing they were smaller.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate