[access-uk] Re: braille from HSBC technical issues

  • From: "Tyler, Steve" <Steve.Tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 13:35:49 +0000

Derek.

I am not in a position to start a discussion about this (I'm away at present)
but just to note: if this is a preference on your part rather than a
requirement then I think the bank can justify it's position in that you receive
information in a format you can access, albeit not in a form you would prefer
(ie,single sided); that, from a duties perspective, I would suggest is a nice
to have rather than a requirement. In the same way, people may prefer all
kinds of ways in which their statements, for example, are laid out; a bank or
any one else will make a decision based on optimal access for most people -
what it won't do is deliver according to preferences in every conceivable
permutation.

There are exceptions to everything but as a rule I'd say a braille reader can
read braille when printed on both sides of the paper.

Depending on your reasons for arguing the case, you may find yourself in the
position of having to deliver some evidence for your position - I think that
would be difficult to do.