[access-uk] Re: braille displays and your suggestions

  • From: "Shea Anker" <svanker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 14:55:26 -0800

Hi,
If you are looking for a Braille display that will connect to your PC, then I
would recommend the focus. I think it is quite expensive.... about 4 or $5000
Canadian, but it is a nice display. It has the rocker bars at the bottom of the
display, which I liked. I have a Pacmate now, because I needed a portable note
taking device with a Braille display. However, I liked the focus 40 very much,
and the software was easy to install, and the unit was simple and straight
forward to use. Hope this helps.

Shea