[access-uk] Re: bookport versus book courier

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:05:01 -0000

Hi Neil,

This is not quite accurate.  The Port doesn't handle word files, they are
just converted on the fly, so you don't know they are being converted, but
they are being converted by the software.  It is like doing a save as in
Word and saving as text.  So in that sense, the Courier can handle Word
files, but the Port does it with a little more intelligence.

All the best
--
Computer Room Services:
the long cane for blind computer users.