[access-uk] Re: book courier, victor stream, milestone??

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:40:06 +0100

So what advantages does the real time speaking of text files have over
saving them to mp3 on the pc and then transferring the mp3 files?
Is it just the convenience of not having to manage the conversion.

Adrian Higginbotham

Accessibility content manager

British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994.

Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17/07/07 08:25

Following up on karens run down of what she uses the book courier for
then:
For my part I don't have any of these devices, I listen to audible books
and mp3s on either an ipod shuffle or a zen stone, read documents on the
PC which I hardly ever do for leisure, I don't currently subscribe to
TNAUK because I get all the news and up to date information I could ever
want on the web, mostly via rss feeds, and I don't currently use any
daisy player. I struggle to think of what benefit any of these devices
would bring. It would be nice to read news away from the PC but as it
usually takes longer to identify articles I intend to read in full than
it does to read them I don't see this happening any time soon.
so, what do you listen to on your device, where do you get it from and
what are the advantages over alternatives such as the PC, zen stone or
such like.
what am I missing out on.