[access-uk] Re: body shop website?

  • From: "whizza" <whizza8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:37:35 -0000

Hi Audrey,
Forget it. I've had more conversations with them about the accessibility of their website than I care to remember. When I tried to explain that I couldn't add anything to their basket, I was told to click on the arrow next to the item. Charming! It was like taking three steps forward and four steps backwards. They just can't seem to understand that screen readers cannot see graphics and the kind of animation which tells you to hover your mouse over an item to buy it. I have a friend who telephones them to put in her order because that's the only way she can get the stuff she wants. Sorry for such a negative reply but that's how it is. I just don't think they're going to do anything about it until they understand exactly what a screen reader does.

Cheers,
Sandra.