[access-uk] bmibaby and flybmi websites - request for help from RNIB

  • From: "Richard Godfrey-McKay" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 23:00:14 +0100

Hi, Please see below a request from RNIB for help re the above sites.

"RNIB has received a complaint about the accessibility of the flybmi.com
website and we are currently investigating the possibility of taking a case
under the DDA. We are also aware that the bmibaby.com site also has similar
accessibility issues.

RNIB is keen to hear from as many people as possible who may have
experienced difficulties in using these sites and so if you have tried to
use the sites or know of anyone else who may have tried to book flights on
the sites please contact campaigns@xxxxxxxxxxxx Please entitle your email
'BMI'.   If you prefer, you can call us on 020 7391 2123

We would also like to hear from people who would have booked flights on the
sites but for the accessibility issues or would like to book flights using
the sites in the future so please do forward this email on to anyone else
you think appropriate and ask them to get in touch.

It would be really helpful if, in your email, you could tell us about your
experiences of using flybmi.com or bmibaby.com including (approximate) dates
of when you tried to book flights, the difficulties that you had and details
of any complaint that you made (and BMI's response). If you have not used
the site (but would like to) please tell us the reasons why you have not
used it and, if appropriate how you would like to use it in the future.
Please also tell us if you used the site before it was redesigned and the
accessibility deteriorated. Thank you

RNIB Campaigns"

Richard Godfrey-McKay

Telephone: 01738-445 880