[access-uk] Re: bank card readers

  • From: "Barry Hill" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "barry.hill3" for DMARC)
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 12:33:09 -0000

HI Adrien

Ask your bank for a talking card reader. The counter staff might not know
what one is, but insist. I had to. Once you get that, it's pretty simple.
You go to the bank site and put your user number in then hit enter. At the
next screen, you have to select the account in a drop down list if you have
more than one, then tab to the edit box for your security code I'd
recommend turning number lock on on your keyboard so that you can easily use
the number pad. This is where you turn to your card reader. You put your
card in, hit the top right button and it will ask for your pin number. This
is the number you use at any ATM or chip and pin machine. If you make a
mistake with your four digit pin, the bottom left is the delete button to
delete a character at a time. . Once you've put your pin number in, you
press the bottom right to confirm and it will slowly read out the number you
need to type in that edit field on the website. You then hit enter and
you're in.

Cheers

Barry