[access-uk] Re: badly designed websites

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 07:57:48 -0000

I use Insert F7 most of the time to bring up a list of links and then either arrow quickly down through them or type a letter say c for contact us. This of course is impossible with Cbolt, or at least of no benefit for quicker browsing.

Barbara
Get listed, network or find a business at an online directory of businesses owned and run by disabled people and associated support and advisory organisations:
www.barkingbabs.co.uk
----- Original Message ----- From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Russell <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Access-Uk@Freelists. Org <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, January 05, 2009 06:56:17 PM
Subject: [access-uk] badly designed websites

Hi all,

We have all become accustomed to poor design with regard to the
inaccessibility of websites, but you would think by now that those
specifically for visually impaired people would have some idea of good and
bad practice.

I have had cause to use Cobolt systems website of late and, although it is not at all difficult to find your way around, it has one very basic and, to me, infuriating problem. all the links say "click to online shop" or "click
to news page".  firstly, most of us do not mouse click at all, but, much
more importantly, if all links say click to, which is totally unnecessary,
this means you cannot look for the online shop by searching for links
beginning with the letter o.

I intend to write to Cobolt and see what they have to say, but I do wonder if this annoys others or should we just make the best of the situation? To my mind, this could be put right fairly easily, and I can't believe that no
one has yet pointed it out to Cobolt.

any comments?

David

Check out my radio and TeamTalk server! http://www.jls-radio.com
--
James Scholes

E-mail: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: jamesscholes@xxxxxxx
AIM: JamesScholes000
Skype: james.scholes
Website: http://www.jamesscholes.com
Blog: http://www.jamesscholes.com/blog
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jamesscholes
Find me on Facebook! Username: jamesscholes
Link to Facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1375965156&hiq=jamesscholes
Last.FM Profile: http://www.last.fm/user/jamesscholes000
Message sent at 08:06:10 PM GMT on Monday, January 05, 2009