[access-uk] Re: avast and e-mail scanning

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 22:39:02 +0100 (CET)

Adrian,

Good news, then!

BTW, if anyone does want to use the avastclear tool, you may need to borrow a
sighted person because the recommended way of using the tool is to let it put
your PC into Safe Mode, so, of course, no screen reader.

Vince.

Message Received: Nov 22 2013, 09:30 PM
From: "Adrien Collins"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: avast and e-mail scanning

Hi Vince

Ok tanks but I got rid of it, I found that it was comodo firewall that was
stopping me installing a replacement for avast, I up-dated both on Wednesday,
they both had to go, my pc is now working very smoothly, much more responsive.
I am using avg.

Regards

Adrien

From: "Adrien Collins"
To: "'access uk'"
Subject: [access-uk] avast and e-mail scanning

Hi

I use several e-mail accounts, for some unreason, avast
doesn't like the ssl servers some of my accounts are using,
it tells me to configure the e-mail shield manually, I
cannot access the avast settings but will have to get
sighted assistance, is there a way around this please? I
tried to remove avast but once I had uninstalled it, I was
unable to put anything else in it's place, I'd need to
format the pc first.

Regards

Adrien

---