[access-uk] Re: avast

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 23:58:43 +0100 (CET)

Andrew, I tried installing Avast recently and I'd say don't bother. If there
are any parts of it that are accessible, I can't remember them. Very likely,
the installer isn't all that accessible either, which means it's going to be
hard to uncheck the "install Chrome" option.

If you did really want to install Avast, you could look for a rubbish-free
version on www.ninite.com who have a policy of not including extraneous
software and silly toolbars.

I gave up with Avast and installed AVG in the end.

By the way, Avast is a pig to uninstall as well.

Vince.

Message Received: Nov 17 2013, 02:33 PM
From: "Andrew Summers"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx