[access-uk] Re: audio description on Smart TVs

  • From: "LaMcAs" <lamcas17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:25:22 -0000

No this isn't actually what they are trying to do.

Their tv has the iPlayer plugin, which is presumable the same as the version
on our mobile phones and tablets. On the iPlayer app for the iPhone, and if
you go to the mobile iPlayer website Audio Description is not an option so
maybe we need to query the BBC on this and if they have a solution fine but
I can't see at the moment we would update the version on a Smart TV,
presumabley there would be software updates of some sort.

You might like to email them as per the below email address.

Do try to point out what you love from iPlayer and what you get out of it as
well. Be constructive and positive. Offer to help test if you have that kind
of time free.

accessibilityteam@xxxxxxxxx is the address. Save it. Share it.

Larry

London, UK