[access-uk] Re: audio described online films/movies

  • From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 13:31:56 +0000

Hi

The trouble with these services like the blind mice megamart is that none of
the content is legally licensed for distribution by the studios. They are
essentially taking audio described content and distributing it for free without
paying any royalties to the company to produce it or the studio to make the
films. It is understandable that  they provide this service in the neantime but
in the long term it's not sustainable and we do need good quality commercially
supported alternatives. As I say, talking flicks and the RNIB are
developing/working on trials to bring A.D. to commercial services like Netflix
and LOVEFiLM.

Sent from my iPhone