[access-uk] audio captures not speaking.

  • From: "goshawk" <goshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tvi-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindgadgets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "blindaudio" <blindaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:20:29 +0100

hello list,
I am having a problem with the audio versions of the captures that crop up on
some sites, they are not playing.
on my XP pro machine, they play fine, but on my other machine, running XP home,
I hear nothing when I try to get them to play, although other online audio,
such as internet radio stations will play perfectly on it.
I have been through all the internet explorer settings, the soundcard settings,
and the settings in all the media players on the machine, and can find nothing
obvious which would stop the audio captures from playing, but am not actually
sure what to look for, so does anyone know what I could adjust to hopefully get
them to play please?
Simon