[access-uk] audible alternative for audio books?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCAB Discussion List <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 21:52:44 +0100

Hello Everyone.

I have been a member of audible for many years now. when i was on XP, i used to convert my audible books to MP3 to listen on my MP3 player. this has worked very well if i didn't have an audible device to hand and i wanted to listen to an audio book. however, ever since they got taken over by amazon and usernames and passwords changed, i can no longer access my history for all the titles i have spent the last 6 years pourchasing from them, and even if i could i can't convert the books as i am primarily using windows7 and linux. in short, does anyone have any other source of downloadable audio books? i don't mind paying as long as there is a decent selection hopefully comparable to audibles. audiogo was an excellent site but they've now gone in to administration. i just wish audible weren't so iffy and that they hadn't deleted every book i'd ever bought from them without my consent... the only thing that will make me stay with them is if i can convert books using windows7 as and when i need to. as i'm paying for a book i should be able to if i don't want to take a kindle to listen to books and just want to carry a small discreet mp3 player. from what i've read this can't be done, but any comments welcome on or off list.

many thanks in advance,

Mo.