[access-uk] Re: attachments

  • From: "Gordon Atkinson" <g.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:52:32 +0100

Hi David,

Below is some snippets I have kept from Mac e-mail lists.

Hope this might be of some use.

Gordon Atkinson

5. I am desperate for help in fining attachments; vo tells me there is one, but
I can't seem to find it. I've done all sorts of itterations of turning long headers on, interacting with toolbar, interacting with message text, and the list goes on!
It just escapes me!
The attachment appears as "slide show." If you click or do vo-space on that, you
can find your attachments.
• If there is an attachment, just turn on long Headers, cmd-shift-h then navigate left to the Save menu item, press VO-space to activate and choose the item to save. Ok, to find an attachment, go to the message headers by scrolling to the left past
the messages table.
Now, you will see a popup button. A popup button is the equivalent to a combo box
in windows.
This popup button gives the option to save the attachment in your downloads folder. When you attach a file or view attachments, it will sometimes put it at the bottom. It is displayed as an image to VoiceOVer, or rather...that is the sound VoiceOVer uses to indicate there is an attachment. If you receive an attachment from a Mac user, you will probably notice that it can be placed anywhere that their cursor was located when they attached the file. If it is a Windows user, it will probably be placed at the bottom however, to save yourself a headache, you can go to the message contents where there will normally be a disclosure triangle you can expand to view the attachment, and next to that you can select options for the attachments, and which ones to apply the action to. If you don't manage to find this, you can go to
the file menu and hit "Save attachments".

6. I know what the attachment is and decide to save it. I go to file and save
attachment and when the filename dialogue box comes up, it doesn't read the name
of the file.  Is there a way to hear that?
My VoiceOver reads the attachment just fine including the name if I actually move to the text field. If you have multiple attachments you wish to save, you cannot change their names of course and no text field will appear. If you VO-Shift-M on the attachment within the mail (if you manage to find it) you can get options such as "Open attachment", "Open with", "Quick Look" etc. If you find the popup I was talking about earlier right next to the "Message headers" element, you can choose
to save all or one at a time by hitting enter on their names.
A quicker way to do things is first to see what the attachment is by pressing Command-y to get a Quick Look.

If you want to save the attachment, use the Item Chooser (VO-i) to find the Save button. Click it and you'll get the usual dialogue box where you choose where to save the attachment.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Weston" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>