[access-uk] Re: asking me to save all the time

  • From: "Susan Bourke" <SusanCurry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 11:06:04 -0000

Hi barry,

Thanks for that,

Will take a look, very interesting.

susan

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Barry Hill
Sent: 08 March 2015 13:28
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: asking me to save all the time

Apparently, there are lots of background changes that can happen automatically.
 For example, if you have received the document from someone else, then
Microsoft will reformat it to suit your printer if it is different from theirs.
 There's also automatic page numbering in footers or automatic dates that
trigger a change.  It could be a macro in your 'Normal' template, whatever that
means, I'm just quoting from this website:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=423686

What to do about it is a different matter.  The boffins on this page don't
know, and neither do I.

Cheers

Barry