[access-uk] app for iphone 5

  • From: "Alistair Kelly" <alistair.kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:58:13 -0000

Hi folks, up front apologies if I’m light years behind the rest of you but I
have been amazed by a app called “camfind”, it not only does some excellent OCR
but also details what it sees. e.g. I took a photo of the dog and it reported
“black retriever”  then gave options for a history of the breed and where to
buy one! lol! Then a slightly more difficult task, I took a image of a small
GTN spray bottle,not only did it read the very small label but it then went on
to describe the medicine it’s name, what it is used for side effects etc!Also
just for fun took a photo of a much chewed but loved dogtoy of a duck not only
did it recognise it as a duck but told me where I could buy one and for how
much! bit of a fun app but definitely has its uses! also seems quite good at
colour recognition and it was free!

have fun!