[access-uk] Re: another macbook pro question

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 21:13:29 +0100

This may be the confusing log in whichApple has recently got into the habit of sometimes introducing in the middle of a maintenance update to the OS.

Typically this appears after your Mac has restarted

 and needs to complete an update.

Quite why Apple need a log in sign in to complete and update is not clear to me .

However if this is your situation what I have found is/

1. You will have a dialogue box with Your Name - which is described confusingly as a group. along with a sleep , shut down and restart button. It appears that there is nowhere to go to log in.

2. However the area where your name is, although described as a Group is actually a button. You need to press this.

3. Having pressed this you will find that you can interact with the group area and find a password edit field.

4. Now interact with the edit field  and type in your normal Mac password.

5. Now press enter and hopefully you will find that whatever update the Mac is proceeding with will complete and you will be taken into your normal Mac environment.

David Griffith

11/05/2016 15:19, Spring Flower wrote:

hi
ok, i've switched on the macbook and something comes up with my name as well as the sleep,restart and shut down buttons, i think it said it was a log in screen. i've navigated around the screen with v o and cursor down and have interacted with the area where my name is but can't get past it, what should i do to get past it, i think i'll eventually edit thingws so it won't come up and will just boot to the desk top, also have to put voice over so it comes on automatically as my computer engineer somehow turned it off but i remembered which keys it was to turn it on
thanks for the continued help
trace