[access-uk] Re: amazing got windows on my mac

  • From: Michael A Ray <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 17:10:02 +0000

Isn't this a bit like sitting in your Ferrari wishing it was a push-bike? :)

On 19/01/2014 15:21, john gallagher wrote:
hi there will give that a go just wonder though if i do a complete new vitual
machine install that's the same windows seven pro will it overwrite the other
one. thanks.

From: Edward Green <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, 19 January 2014 1.03 pm

Hi John,

They changed the procedure for loading Narrator in Windows 7 I'm afraid.
You still press Windows key U, but then you need to press alt N.
Hope that helps.

Ed
On 19 Jan 2014, at 12.49, John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jackie well the difficulty now is getting speech on in windows.
I listened to Mikes podcast but I can load up windows but  I cannot seem
to anything in the windows 7 for example I thought I could press comand u
then option n to get narator on so maybe there is something wrong.
may have to do a complete re install.
it's all good fun though.
a bit difficult to say anything on the mac list as windows is not what
we should be talking about.
did you give it a try$At 12.11 19/01/2014, you wrote:
0was Hi John
0was
0was Fantastic, very well done indeed!! I would be very interested to
hear how 0was you get on with the interaction of the two systems on
the one machine in 0was terms of memory resources and speech for each.
0was
0was Nice one, good on you mate.
0was
0was
0was
0was Kind regards,
0was
0was Jackie Brown
0was Twitter: @thebrownsplace
0was Skype: Thejackmate
0was
0was -----Original Message-----
0was From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of 0was John Gallagher 0was Sent: 19 January 2014 11.25 0was
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 0was Subject: [access-uk] amazing got
windows on my mac 0was 0was Hi there 0was if Jackie is on the list
well I managed to get windows on my macbook 0was pro with running
vmware fusion.
0was now it took a bit of messing about but it now gives me the option
to 0was take the mac with me and have the best of all worlds.
0was I now need to get some speech on the mac in windows and if I try
0was windows key with u then alt n it should get narator running.
0was I think I installed the vmware tools so the drivers should be
0was installed but not really sure until I get some speech on.
0was I just wonder which would be the best way to get my nvda on that
0was would be a start.
0was a big thanks to Mike arigo for his great podcasts on vmware fusion.
0was any advise will be truly welcome.
0was I know this has been on the list before but it took some courage
to 0was do this on my own with no sight at all.
0was cheers now.
0was
0was ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
0was ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
0was ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 0was ** and in the Subject
line type 0was ** unsubscribe 0was ** For other list commands such as
vacation mode, click on the 0was ** immediately-following link:- 0was
0was ** or send a message, to
0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq 0was
0was ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
0was ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
0was ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 0was ** and in the Subject
line type 0was ** unsubscribe 0was ** For other list commands such as
vacation mode, click on the 0was ** immediately-following link:- 0was
0was ** or send a message, to
0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq

Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

Ham Radio Call-sign: G4XBF, licensed since 1982

Don't just sit there, learn something

Raspberry VI:
http://www.raspberryvi.org/
NVDA, the best free screen-reader in the world:
http://www.nvda-project.org/