[access-uk] Re: alliance and leicester online banking

  • From: "Darren Brewer" <darren.m.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:05:23 +0100

Hi Keith

I also use Alliance & Leicester online banking and tried to unsuccessfully access my account yesterday. At first I thought the site was probably down for a few hours, but after trying again today and seeing your post it made me think otherwise.

I have tried accessing the login page using Firefox and it works fine. However if I try using internet explorer it is just as you described, the page is blank.

The curious thing is if I access the login page using firefox and then copy and paste the link into the address bar of internet explorer I am then able to enter my customer ID and proceed as normal. I really don't know what is going on. It seems that when you click the login button using internet explorer it just cannot link to the correct login page.

Try pasting the following link into internet explorers address bar to gain access to the login page:
https://www.mybank.alliance-leicester.co.uk/index.asp?ct=mybankrhnlogin&;

Maybe there is a problem with the website at the moment. It is very strange that it will work in one browser and not the other.

Hope you can get into your account.

Darren.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Barrett" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>