[access-uk] Re: airports dong face scans

  • From: "TONY CRETNEY" <rac@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:28:15 +0100

Have to say that I agree here! Don't know though of a system that could be used instead of biometric testing. and cannot think of one that might be sufficiently accurate in the percentage of cases where it actually works. Did hear at one time that R.N.i.B. werre conducting discusssions with the authorities to decide on a system which could be used instead of the Iris scan, since many registered blind people would not be able to use the biometric scanners effectively, but never heard what the outcome of this was. Does anyone else know anything about this.

Tony
Skype tonycu14
Best wishes to all on the list
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf
Of
Jackie Cairns
Sent: 25 April 2008 15:37
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hahahahahaha.  Sorry, but I can't disguise my amusement.  What with my
artificial eyes, and the metal in my left ankle and back, I'd give
anyone
with a scanner the run-around at an airport no matter what the
recognition
techniques are.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx