[access-uk] Re: advice wanted: which mobile network to switch to?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 21:40:56 +0100

Hi Saqib.

that's very interesting. what part of the country are you in? apparently in this area we only have access to 2G and 3G, makes you wonder if they've got plans for 4G here in the future or not. we'll have to see but the question is still who i should trust? three or EE. i've ordered a pay as you go sim from EE so i'll have to try that and see what happens. what worries me is if EE decide to change things in this area, weather or not that'll nock out my 3G access in the future but its a chance i guess we'll have to take. three seem to be ok in this area for coverage, i've been using one of their sims on pay as you go but i'm still not sure about going on a contract with them because of the horror stories i've heard. we can all make calls and send texts, we just can't use the net when out and about on o2... also, the signal dropped out totally today which isn't good at all. that was the last straw for me.

cheers,

Mo.

On 07/05/2014 21:32, Saqib Hussain wrote:
Hi. I've found that EE have had blackouts and a lot of the time my 3g
doesn't work and this has been happening over the last month. I'm
thinking of switching to another network as well as I use public
transport quite a bit and my GPS apps don't update at times because of
the 3g not working properly

On 07/05/2014, Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi martin and Sandra.

many thanks to both of you for your comments. i think its just a
question of who you get. the problem i have is coverage, and it looks
like i'm saddled with EE for this area in any case. i would've gone with
three but i've heard they can be a nightmare to deal with, and having
spoken to their call centers in india i don't hold out much hope.
Sandra, that's fair enough. the bloke on the phone earlier this evening
did mention that some of their guys were based abroad, but he also said
that the majority of the time they try and put people through to the UK
call centers in plymouth, wales and newcastle if they can... we'll see
what happens.

cheers,

Mo.

On 07/05/2014 20:27, Whizza wrote:
Hi Mo,
I have a friend who is with EE and she tells me that their call centre
is in the Philipines and they're not too good at understanding what
you want. This is, of course, only her experience and other people on
list may be fully satisfied but just thought I would mention it.

Cheers,
Sandra.