[access-uk] Re: advice sought

  • From: "Isaac Porat" <isaac@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:55:06 -0000

Hello Ibrahim

Without referring specifically to line input, the RealTek settings in
Control Panel fooled me before.
They seems accessible but in fact some controls are skipped by the screen
reader (at least with JAWS).  It took sometime to figure this out and then
sighted help (by somebody who could read the screen but was not an expert in
computers) sorted out the problem straight away.  Yesterday I spoke to a
friend who had exactly the same problem with another laptop the Advent 4211.

Regards
Isaac