[access-uk] Re: advice re playing ogg files

  • From: Ted Martin <tedmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:27:32 +0100

Hi Amro,
I have heard of the Victor Stream's high reputation, but I didn't think it played ogg files. I will look into that, and the Book Sense sounds very promising. I'm still digging around, trying to find what the price of BS will be, and who will sell it in the UK. I'm guessing Steve Nutt - am I right, Steve?

Ted

Amro Bilal wrote:
Hi Ted, have you checked with Humanware if the Victor Stream reads ogg files? I couldn't find that piece of info on their site. If it does, I'd say put it on the top of your options' list. It's an awesome piece of kit. It has all the features that one would need for playing back a book or music file. The navigation options on the stream are just excellent, let alone the book marking features it has to offer. And it does look stylish. I have one and use it for listening to Audible books and music. HTH,
Amro