[access-uk] Re: adobe reader 6

  • From: "Denis Tocher" <dentoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 05:19:44 -0000

AsI work for the Open University I was interested in this thread and pursued the matter with the University's Disabled Resources Support unit.

It would appear that Adobi 6 has been sent out in error and the unit is now providing the latest version to students. Should any student on this list require help on the issue please contact the unit (with personal identifier) at:

disabled-student-resources@xxxxxxxxxx

You may also wish to know that considerable work is being undertaken by the University
to improve the range and accessibility of document formats through the
use of structured content, which from a single production format, will
deliver multiple outputs (including html, word and DAISY). Aligned with
this activity is the Digital Audio Project being undertaken which
is described at http://www.open.ac.uk/disability/digitalaudioproject/

Regards,

Denis

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>