[access-uk] Re: adaware

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:04:54 +0100

At this time, with Windows XP Service Pack 2 just
around the corner, some of you may prefer to hold
off and see if this new release will cure some of
your pop-up problems and such like.
Yes indeed, there is a pop-up blocker built in to
SP2, with an option to "Allow pop-ups from this
site" if you so desire.

The Windows Firewall is also automatically turned
on by default in SP2, though I suspect this may
cause a few problems for some who have existing
firewalls in place.

And before you ask, Microsoft have not yet
announced an official release date for XP SP2,
other than "Later this year".  Judging from the
comments on the beta lists, there are still a
number of issues to resolve.

I am assured by Eric Damery of Freedom Scientific
that they have been testing JAWS 5.1 with Service
Pack 2, so hopefully this will co-exist with SP2
without too many problems.

George.

Robin Jennings
> Sent: 27 July 2004 09:38
> To: Access-UK
> Subject: [access-uk] adaware
>
> hi folks has anyone had experiance of adaware.
> any comments welcome.
> Best Regards, Robin Jennings.
> Have a look at my WEBPAGE at: www.wrj.me.uk
> ** Going on holiday and want to halt messages?
Send a message to:-
> ** vacation ## d
> ** where ## is the number of days followed by d
for days.
> ** For other things like digest mode, send a
message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the
Subject:- faq

-- Type: application/ms-tnef