[access-uk] Re: action for blind people employment officers

  • From: "jim o'brien" <jim.taggart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:40:47 +0100

william, if you can't sell your self, how do you expect a.fb. to do that for you? ----- Original Message ----- From: "william lomas" <lomaswilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:43 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: action for blind people employment officers

I wouldn't complain if it was my job *smiles* that's my point, it is
such an easy roe that surely anyone can do it just browse the net all
day matching up people to possible jobs what a life lol

On 30 Jul 2009, at 17:38, Barbara Wilson wrote:

I think one of us has picked this up wrong.

Will, are you being assisted to find work by someone from AFPB, or
are you their employee assisting others to find work?

As Saqib says, if you are employed by them and helping others, then
perhaps this is not the place to discuss your employer. If on the
other hand you are being assisted by them to find work and feel you
are getting nothing out of this, then look for agencies to help you
find a job. Self employment is a prefered option for many disabled
people, but you must have a skill you can sell and there must be a
market for it. It's not the easy option, believe me!

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx