[access-uk] Re: acrobat reader 8

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:21:53 -0000

If a file is locked such that it cannot be read with a screenreader you
should tell the provider who should be able to do something about this. I
had this happen with a file from the Naxos music download site and they
unlocked it once they were made aware of the problem this posed for
screenreader users. Also if a file produces jumbled text, you might find it
worthwhile changing the reading preferences. You can do this by pressing
CTRL+k from within Adobe Reader and arrowing down to reading. Tab forward
once and then arrow down to "use reading order in raw print stream". This
may make the text more manageable.

Iain