[access-uk] Re: accessible chat rooms

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:16:20 +0200

Text chat works well over dialup . With voice chat, it depends very much on the settings the voice chat sites and their clients use as well as the quality of your dialup.

www.for-the-people.com

works well for people on dialup. If you have a decent dialup, audio-tips and the dialup rooms on vipconduit also should work for you. however, TAFN is aimed at broadband users. With skype it is again a matter of the quality of your dialup. Some of my friends on dialup can use skype without too much trouble whereas others cannot. So I'd say give it a try and see what works for you. After all, if you can use a chat program or chat site on dialup, you'll only enjoy it more once you switch to broadband. :-)

Cheers,

Doris

At 11:31 PM 4/27/2006 -0700, you wrote:

Hi Doris,

Thank you for your reply. I am currently using dial-up but I am planning to go broadband shortly, but that's another thread, smile.
So, Can I use dial-up or should I wait till I have a faster connection?

Thanks in Advance.

Jim
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chipmunks" <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>