[access-uk] accessible body cam

  • From: Bobby <r.mcnab123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 13:23:44 +0000

Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help me with respect to personal security?
I don't see why I should have to take these steps, but I feel it is the time.
What I am looking for is a body cam, the same  kind the police use, or something similar, and not costing like hundreds of pounds.
And of course, something that is accessible for the blind.
Over the past year or so, my guide dog has been attacked by other dogs twice, the first time being the most serious where she had to have stitches due to the attacking dog severely biting her ear.
The other time was not so serious, but I walked into a bar, my dog was in harness, and as soon as I cleared the door, another dog was on her, biting her, and causing her deep distress.
Both times, I called the police, the dog warden, and guide dogs.
And what  happened?  yes, nothing.
Cause I had no evidence to back it up, and any witnesses they spoke to, either didn't see it, or maybe they did, but just didn't want to get involved.
Add to that, the usual which I'm sure a lot of you have experienced.  harassment from street yobs, cars, wheely bins, blocking the entire pavement etc.
So, I want to get a body cam if it ever happens again.
I have read some articles on the internet of some guide dogs owners using them, but they are pretty short and don't talk about what kind of body cam they use, where they purchased it from and how much it cost
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq