[access-uk] Re: accessible bit torrent

  • From: "Peter Logue" <plsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:39:12 -0000

Hi Billy,
Utorrent is up and running. Its not bad. I found Bittorren wasn't too bad
either, so I really can't say I prefer one over the other. I've been
downloading torrents for about 6 years now and really haven't found a
torrent grabber that was outstanding. Certainly beats WinMX Kazza and the
annoying aspect of splitting an ALBW file. Na, gave that up 6 years ago.
Mind you, I haven't been downloading mp3 files for about 3 years. I've been
downloading the better quality of lossless files. You just can't beat it. If
mp3 is water, Lossless is champagne. They are very very hard to get though.
In the course of 3 years I've only managed a few hundred lossless albums.
Try a torrent search for flac files and give one a listen. You won't go back
to mp3. flac is only one lossless format. There are others. Most flac
torrents are full albums also and many are discography's and the average
lossless album can range from 250 megs to 950 megs or more. That's almost a
full gig for a double album. Well worth the download though. Make sure you
have plenty of external drives to hold all your stuff. I've got three online
at the moment, totaling almost 1,800 megs. You might want to give wma a try
also. Or just try a search on lossless.
I haven't heard you on Scotty lately. Perhaps I've just missed you. Dinky
doo. Are you still on Live messenger Billy. I see your contact but I never
see you online. I'm on Skype also... Contact is clydeview2008 if you want to
add me on your contact list. Anyway, top of the dial billy. Dinky doo
inmate!

Peter