[access-uk] Re: accessibility of cash machines was Re: Re: Fw: Disabled People and Chip and Pin

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:26:50 +0100

Hi Ray.

I suppose the main issue here is security both in terms of others being able
to pick up the bluetooth signal and the difficulty of holding your phone in
one hand while trying to get cash out with the other.

I think therefore it is probably better if the machines talk.  This has been
done in phone boxes.  the modern BT jobs used to talk about 10 years ago.  A
talk button got them talking but this seemed to be a rather well hidden
secret.

Cheers

Graham
Graham Page