[access-uk] Re: a talking book

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:30:09 +0100

Carol, just to add to Mathews informative post, I'd also mention the
RNIB Arena discussion list.

the list isn't, strictly speaking, an RNIB list as such, though it was
started by an RNIB person on the talking books team along with Iain
Lackey who now runs the list.  Its remit is wider than just RNIB books
as issues relating to Audible and other sources of talking books do
get discussed there, as well as some technical issues.

As mentioned there is an RNIB message board for book discussion,
though this is always moderated so messages take some time to reach
it.

I'd say traffic on RNIB Arena is on the high side of moderate.  You
can subscribe by sending a blank message to:

RNIBTalkingBooksArena-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: