[access-uk] a question regarding ram

  • From: Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: A general technology discussion list <the-tech-zone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the disabled." <accessindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BGZ - You don't have to be a geek to love it here." <blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, keyboardusers <keyboardusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 18:59:18 +0530

Hi all.
I am stuck in a bit of a ram related problem.
As you all may recall some days back I had posted that i need tools to
test ram speed I  got lots of answers and I thank all for it.
So today I downloaded portable version of Speccy to know ram and other
system details.
Apart from speed and type of ram I got something more in my reading it
said 1.5V Specified Voltage.
So I went to shop for the ram on online websites and on some ram like
Kingston DDR3 2 GB Laptop RAM (KVR1333D3S9/2G) it shows 1.5 V
Specified Volt...
And on some others it doesn't show.
Is this 1.5 V Specified Volt... important? Or can I purchase any type of ram.
I am going to upgrade it to 8 GB and it already has 2 GB in 1 sloght
and 3 are unused.

austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto