[access-uk] a query about audible.co.uk and the formats on which its books play

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:24:06 -0000

Hi all,

I have recently been looking for audio versions of some of the fiction by
Dick Francis.

When I looked on the site for the BBC audio books they did not have all the
Dick Francis books I wanted in CD format, so I recently looked on
audible.co.uk and found that they had most of the titles I wanted read by
the same reader.

I then looked at the different types of players on which Audible.co.uk books
would play and found that all of the players listed are ipods.

My questions are the following:

1.  do audible books only play on ipods?
2.  If not, can they be played on conventional CD players or on a computer?
3.  If Audible books only play on Ipods, which is the most accessible player
to use for audible books?

4.  Where could I purchase the most accessible player for audible books?
5.  What sort of price am I looking at for an accessible player for audible
books?

Thank you in advance for the answers to these questions.

Alexander Shannon